EclipsesConnor: Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Imjustconnor, Apr 15, 2018.

?

Would this suggestion benefit the server?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Imjustconnor

Imjustconnor Member

Suggestion Information
    • Your Minecraft Username: EclipsesConnor
    • Which area of the server is your suggestion for?: Skyblock
    • What is your suggestion?:
      To Disable Unarmed
    • How will this suggestion improve the server?:
      Unarmed is a very good tactic for pvp, but however if someone gets to high of a level it causes people without it to have 0 chance in pvp and it makes it unfair espechally for the new people that want to get good at pvp and not many people like it exept for the people who use it no matter what and many other people will agree with me

2. karra

karra Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft account: karra
    Unarmed doesn’t have to just be about pvp, it can be used for others things such as fighting animals and such, if a member needed to kill an animal or such they could use their unarmed abilities with it

but I do agree about the pvp deal

Just my input

3. ThtBaymon

ThtBaymon Member

I have conflicting thoughts about this, considering that I use unarmed extensively in PvP. However, I do agree that the skill itself is a little bit overpowered. I say this based on my own experience. This skill basically brings back the fast-paced 1.8 PvP of Minecraft to post 1.8 version. If you know how to use it, there are very few who can stop you if they don't have good gear. However, to max it out would mean tens of hours grinding it, and I can say that it gets boring after a while.

On the other hand, I see other uses of this skill outside PvP. It functions as a diamond sword if the skill is maxed out. That means you can kill off mobs quite quickly, both hostile and passive. I personally find unarmed to be especially useful when killing off the Wither.

On the third hand (heh), I do not recommend new players to step into PvP, especially if they don't know what they're risking (i.e. their item and possibly dignity). In the free-for-all PvP arena in Squishy Skyblock server, it does not make a good training ground for players who do not have sufficient experience in PvP. A better alternative is to fight in places where the playing field is fair. I do not need to spell it out, and I'm sure everyone knows that I mean here.

However, I do not know if it is possible to disable unarmed entirely. A balancing factor I may suggest is to make it take longer to raise the skill level even further.

• Agree Agree x 2