Forums Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jesse, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Jesse

Jesse Manager Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +88
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post! I'd like to thank each and everyone for the extremely warm messages, and I'm looking forward to the bright future which is ahead for SquishyCraft. Today, I'd like to start off my first announcement with a few forum updates.

Just to ensure everything is in tip-top condition, we will slowly be rolling out QoL ("Quality of Life") updates to the server. Today, we processed our first batch of these changes, by treating our forums with some juicy new features. I'd like to highlight some of these below.

New Homepage
    Our homepage has been updated with a "CMS" type layout. Now, when you browse to squishycraft.com, you will be presented with all the latest news articles from our Announcements category. This is perfect for staying up-to-date with the latest!

Updated Categories
    We have made an extensive amount of changes to the forum categories, including the following changes:
    • All main and sub-categories have now been renamed to better represent what they entail
    • An "Archive" subforum has been added to all forums listed under Support & Applications
    • The "Staff Reports" section has been removed in favour of staying professional
    • The "Media", "Guides" and "Offtopic" categories have been added
    Support Forums Sweep
    With new management taking over, we have decided to take a fresh new look at any server bugs, server suggestions and staff applications. Therefore, all 3 of these forums have been sweeped (meaning every unanswered post has been locked, closed and added to the archive). This might be frustrating to some, however this change will really help us to take good care of the server going forward. We ask that you re-submit any bugs and suggestions that were unanswered so we can address these immediately. Staff Applications will remain closed for the time being.

New Prefixes
    In order to better structure the threads that are listed in each individual forum, we have introduced new prefixes. This should make it easier to find exactly what you are looking for. For example, closed player reports will now have a "Closed" tag, so you can better identify them. And the new "Welcome" threads have a "Read First" tag attached to them, so new forum members can read up on some essential forum information.

Ratings Update
    The "Disagree", "Dislike" and "Optimistic" ratings have been removed, as these are unnecessary ways of spreading negativity on the forums. All previously given out ratings are no longer visible on posts and player's profiles.

Shoutbox
    A shoutbox has been added to the main forum list. This is an easy way to communicate with other server players who are online on the forums. Please note that all messages posted in the shoutbox are bound to our server rules, just like anything else posted on our forums.

Double Posts
    Placing two posts right after each other on the same forum, will now cause these two posts to merge into each other. This has the advantage of countering spam, and also makes it easier to edit your post - as you can now just post another reply instead of putting in the extra hassle of editing your post.

Similar Threads
    Posting a new forum thread will now automatically show you suggestions based on the input you give in the "Thread Title" field. This makes it easy to look for a thread that might have already answered the question that you were needing help with.

Along with this, we have made dozens of other behind-the-scenes changes to ensure the quality of our forums stay at the highest standards, and we really hope that you will enjoy these updates!

For now, I'm signing off. We'll be back with more exciting information soon!

Thanks,
    Jesse

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Luukjah

Luukjah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
  3. BooperDoopers

BooperDoopers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5
  4. AwkwardGirl8

AwkwardGirl8 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Great news!

5. agreatname

agreatname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Looks like a great new forums <3

6. Minxi

Minxi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I'm excited! Thank you so much Jesse

7. Jack

Jack Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +22
    Sounds great, can't wait!

8. shacks

shacks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Happy days

9. Lucyyy

Lucyyy Active Member

Ratings:
    +115
    sounds good! :p

10. intefaier

intefaier New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I love how you're updating thr server for the better! Definitely a step up from how Thomas managed things.

• Like Like x 1
  11. notmissed

notmissed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +164
    I love it Jesse! Thank you for the work you're putting into the server!

12. auggie

auggie Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +265
    Lit update!

13. owolooren

owolooren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +165
    Thank uuu!!

14. NetChemo

NetChemo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Yas! Forums is looking great!

15. Miles

Miles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,809
    Cool, Amazing work Jesse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jzson

Jzson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4
    ok but how does one report a staff member without the staff reports section? just under player reports or what?

17. Zylion

Zylion Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey, did anyone else find a microphone in their dog? Probably the CIA's doing, or the Illuminati. Anyways long live Alex Jones.

Sincerely, Scott "Obama turned my frog gay with chemicals" Baio

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  18. Beya

Beya Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +931
    !!! looking forward to seeing the future

19. Sallyy

Sallyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121
    Lit I can’t wait for more updates! Thank you