Pay to win?

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by CynicalCure, Apr 11, 2018.

1. CynicalCure

CynicalCure New Member

Minecraft account: CynicalCure
    I was super excited to get back into the swing of things and create a new island but I am now just disappointed. I feel as though Skyblock is now very much a pay to win type of game. We use to be able to get coal, Iron, diamond and emeralds from generators and now we can't. I like a challenge but I am not able to pay money for ranks to get better equipment. I know we can vote for the server to get some stuff and I have but I enjoyed actually having something to look forward to when I was mining. You can sell some stuff but there is too much of a challenge that doesn't make it fun for me. I just want to mine and get some diamond tools so I can build a neat Island again. We didn't even start with any tools which is fine. I don't mind not starting with that but it makes it more fun to not have to start from scratch every time. I don't know if I am the only one that feels like this or not but I just wanted to voice my thoughts. Thank you for your time.

• Like Like x 4
  2. karra

karra Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft account: karra
    I disagree to adding ores back, but I do agree that for members it’s hard to go further with their islands as they don’t have a starter kit and they tend to die, losing what they have, causing them to leave
    Members without ranks should be able to at least have a starter kit to help them out, and I think cobblestone generators should be able to make iron, coal and redstone

Just my input about this

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jared72

Jared72 Member

i agree with karra because with ores in the generators people were getting there island levels past 80,000 and i think that its fair to have the less valuable and less island level uppers in the generators

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Areccos

Areccos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft account: Areccos
    Definitely agree. Maybe not with diamonds or emeralds unless they become significantly more rare.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Even with a rank, I don't really get this new way of skyblock. I miss the ores in the generator. And I have kind of already gone dead in the skyblock mode. I don't really see why I should try so hard, when it's kind of just limited survival now. Without any twists?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. sugameg

sugameg Member

Minecraft account: sugx
    I agree with limited ores, I wish there was a starter kit because if you think of it you basically have to sell so much cobble stone to get some money to get more stuff without a rank and then bam there goes your last wood pickaxe. There are some aspects but tbh the kits arent that op so it really isnt paying and winning you get what I mean? Tbh f/fly is the only thing id say is op
    Excuse my grammar im rushing this

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rene27

Rene27 Active Member

Minecraft account: Lapidot_Lazuli
    I want the ores in the gen back too

8. Leya

Leya Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft account: ainxiety
    I don’t view the current skyblock as a pay to win sort of server because the kits aren’t as op as they used to be and buying crate keys doesn’t get you that much in the long run. I do agree that /kit starter needs to be brought back and several other features renewed or added so that newer players can play without dying so quickly, however buying a rank on the server right now is not going to increase your chances of improving your island so significantly. As for the ores in the generators, I feel it should be limited to coal and an occasional iron block so it’s helpful to the player and not unfair to the rest of the community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Selin

Selin Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft account: Selinnial
    I agree with Leya, it would be op if you could just suddenly get ores like diamonds just by mining plain cobble. I would like to see the occasional coal and iron just so its a little bit easier, but I wouldn't go as far as getting diamonds from mining cobblestone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. sugameg

sugameg Member

Minecraft account: sugx
    I agree with what’s said above but, I believe the ores should be a tiny bit cheaper. Because it’s extremly unreasonable to pay over 1000$ for a single block of an ore.

11. CynicalCure

CynicalCure New Member

Minecraft account: CynicalCure
    I honestly don't even care much about the diamonds and emeralds. A simple starter kit for us non members would be nice. It could just be stone tools I don't care that much what it is but having that at the start was really nice. Just the coal and the iron that is all I want from the cobble stone generator. I used iron and coal the most. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this. Again thank you for your time.

12. JoejoeWins

JoejoeWins Well-Known Member

I disagree woth full ores. I do think maybe iron and coal can come from gens tho