SquishyCraft Revamp Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jesse, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Jesse

Jesse Manager Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +195
    The wait is finally over!

It’s been some time since our last announcement, and I hope you guys are still out there enjoying the network. We have extremely exciting news to share with you today concerning the future of SquishyCraft - the announcement of a server revamp!

This weekend, we will be launching an entirely new SquishyCraft experience - with heaps of brand-new and revised server features, to bring more stability and longevity into your favorite games. Receive all the details by reading on below!

When is the revamp launching?
    We are breaking through the cycle of no updates, and would like to launch the server as soon as possible. We have set the official launch date to Sunday, January 13th, at 3PM BST (that’s 10AM Eastern). For convenience, a countdown can be found here.

What servers will be included in this revamp?

We will be launching with the same gamemodes that the network is currently hosting, meaning Survival, Skyblock and Creative. All servers have been optimised to bring an easier, more user friendly and especially more stable experience.

What will the servers be resetting?
    Each server will have their worlds and progress reset with the generation of our new map. Upon joining the server, you will have to start from scratch. Below is a comprehensive list of items that will be included in the reset:
    • All world data (the entire map will regenerate)
    • All inventory data (including armor slots)
    • All statistics data (i.e. vote stats, kills, chat reaction wins,...)
    • All player vaults and other virtual inventories
    • All balances, tokens, mcMMO credits, and other forms of currency
    • All island levels and accumulated claim blocks received for free through playing
    The following items WON’T reset and will automatically be credited upon login:
    • All purchased server ranks
    • All purchased chat titles
    • All purchased cosmetics
    • All purchased extra commands
    • All purchased claim blocks
    • All purchased sethomes, plot limits and kits
    What features will the server be launching with?
    SquishyCraft will be launching with a broad range of new and updated features. Our objective is to provide you with an enjoyable and high-quality server experience, and therefore we have put a lot of time and effort into improving the network’s key features. You can expect the following changes:

Rank Updates
    Our entire ranks system has been updated to be easier and make more logical sense. We would like to highlight the following notable changes that impact that way ranks work on the server:
    • Ranks on all 3 servers now follow the same naming scheme: Legend, Master, Demigod, Senpai and Squishy. If you previously held a Nova, Elite, Ultra, Insane or Supreme rank, these will be renamed to the new naming scheme in the order at which they have been displayed above.

• Owners of the Mystic Rank on Creative will automatically be upgraded to the Squishy Rank, as additional ranks on Creative have also been added.

• A new rank has been introduced labeled “Extreme”. This rank is positioned after Squishy Rank (currently the highest rank) and includes a wide range of new and special OP features, which you can find in the document linked in the next bullet-point.

• Perks on all 3 servers have been updated to boast significantly. No existing perks have been altered or removed, we have only added new features. To find out specifics, you can view the rank update document here. Kits remain mostly identical.
    New Cosmetics
    Squishy will be launching with a new cosmetics system, based off of pets, disguises, heads and particles. Players can purchase cosmetic packages in the store which will give access to a certain amount of cosmetics in each category. This means that the existing selection of emotes, wings, pets and particles will be completely replaced.

Owners of any pets or particle packages will automatically receive the Ultra Cosmetics Pack (which includes a wide range of not only pets and particles, but also a selection of new heads and disguises). Players with access to the Wing Builder or Emote bundles will be compensated in the form of store credit. These players must create a Purchase Report after the revamp in order to qualify. DO NOT create your purchase report before the revamp has launched. This will disqualify you from earning store credit.

In addition to new cosmetics, we are also launching the following new chat tags: Noob, Swag, Triggered, Pro, Salty, Savage, GG, Ninja and Roleplay. Other store changes include the addition of rank bundles, new home limits, money pouches, island upgrades, multipliers and mcMMO credits.

New Crates & Shop Menu
    All servers have been updated with a selection of new crates, which can be purchased from our server store. We have also made significant changes to our in-game server shop. Players will now be able to purchase a much larger variety of Minecraft blocks, including those for 1.12, and ranked players will have access to a special VIP section of the shop.

Updated Help Documentation
    For new players, it is often difficult to receive guidance on how to interact with the server. Therefore, we have made vast improvement to some of the help documentation that you will be able to find in-game. Through both our intuitive new /menu and /help commands, it’s easier than ever to find exactly what you’re looking for.

Combat on Survival
    A significant change to Survival is the addition of combat. Now, everyone is able to compete against each other in the designated PvP arena, or around the server in its wilderness. This is a long-time requested feature by our players, which we are finally able to deliver on. In addition to the new combat changes, mcMMO has been added to Survival. This brings a broad range of new possibilities to the server, from upgrading skills to crafting special potions.

Stability Fixed on Creative
    Our existing Creative server is dealing with a significant amount of crashes due exploit issues. Through the overhaul of the server, we were able to combat these problems and provide more stability for our Creative community. Alternatively, we are adding features which our Creative players have been requesting, such as the addition of marriages and a better chat game.

Other Changes…
    There are hundreds of other small changes that we cannot specify here. From changes in message and scoreboard design, to the additional of chest locking, better mob stackers, item advertising, sign editing and updates to spawners. You’ll find more as you explore!

Final Note
    We hope to see you on Sunday for the launch of the server revamp! For now, stay closely updated on the forums to receive the latest information about our progress. We’ll be reading your comments.

Thanks,
    Jesse

• Like Like x 6
  2. Karra

Karra Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +15,332
    hYPE

3. Leya

Leya Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +415
    omg, so exciting, can't wait for Squishy to get the love it deserves

4. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Hyped!
    Much excitement for this reset!

5. court

court Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67
    this is epic

6. EmeraldSakura

EmeraldSakura Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +537
    Finally ;w; thank youuu ~ I now love you

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scott_Moon2

Scott_Moon2 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Mmm good bye lovely's

8. EchoedDoe

EchoedDoe Member

Ratings:
    +24
    This will be a mix of a good and bad thing for different people, I love squishy but some of these new things seem too far away from the original squishy server i grew to love and enjoy. Not gonna sugar coat it and say this is the best thing for everyone cause it isn't...not entirely. I'm not alone in these thoughts. Regardless i hope I am able to stick around and be happy with what's to come.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jesse

Ratings:
    +195
    Could you elaborate a bit more? I'd like to hear your opinion.

10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,416
    Great to hear that Squishy will be updated. Question- why will there not be PVP in Skyblock? During Squishy’s prime many players joined Squishy for it’s PVP on the skyblock server.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. Yuricykablyat

Yuricykablyat New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    my name in-game is turbojenkins but please don't make it pvp in survival D: maybe you could just have pvp as its own branch in /server in squishy but mainly please sir dun do pvp in survival

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jesse

Ratings:
    +195
    There is PvP in Skyblock as well :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Payton

Payton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,654
    As someone who has been a member of the server for almost 3 years, I can agree with what you have said. A lot of the older community really enjoyed the past qualities of the server, even if it seemed outdated or too basic. Some things that were apart of the server really made what it was, a fun server for people to be on. A lot of things were very unique to Squishy, like the friend system, and mods getting custom chatcolors, along with the different ranks across the server. There was also new features too that are very cool, like the custom prefixes that are not listed in this (<3, Toxic, Rekt, etc), which have been bought for me/what I have purchased for others. I know it is best to appreciate what new stuff is being given but it just seems too much like other servers, making things very bland. The unique things we did have did not even last long due to it being removed and/or being broken. Having the unique features Squishy once had is what kept me playing here but after the reset last year, it just seemed like another copy of Thomas' other server, which now Squishy is becoming another Fairytale Fallout. This is fully my own opinion but this is what I am saying about how I feel about everything that is being done to the server now.

Edit: It is probably already known that I was a mod here for over a year and in that time period, a lot of the things that I experienced within the team is what made me feel like the effort once put into this place went downhill, and just being treated like a smaller copy of what other servers are out there. Squishy was very different when I first came here but it was very interesting because of the things it had, from what few things I listed. It know it is now 2019 and things need to seem just more outstanding and better but what most people miss the most, is the original aspects this server had. I know I am just one person but I felt the need to state my opinion here as an eye-opener.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
  14. CrescentRose27

CrescentRose27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Yay!! Glad everything will finally be fixed, I've been waiting for the server to be fixed :)

15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,416
    I do agree. In my personal opinion, I feel like the new ranks will be very hard to get used to.
    I do hope that this update will help regain the Squishy “charm” that it used to have. As a member of SquishyCraft since 2016, I am hoping that the updates will encourage me to return to the server. I have had many hiatuses simply because I had no interest in the server, as it was not being updated. I do hope that we will be a little more distinguished from Fairytale Fallout. Thank you Jesse for making this update possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. EchoedDoe

EchoedDoe Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Ok so right now, a lot of us love the server how it is and how it's set out, we just needed certain things to be fixed, not an entire reset. Some of us were working on huge builds and we understand that reset's do happen, but we weren't expecting it so soon, and is sad for a lot of us.

The new rank extreme seems more like a pay to win scenario, because before hand everyone could mine spawners etc and now you have to have extreme to do so. I don't know enough about the extreme rank but I am a squishy rank and still personally feel that should be the highest rank because the server is called squishycraft.com.

The pvp situation...I feel there should be a factions server created, a pvp arena is fine because then you get to choose if you want to be a part of it or not. But having pvp in survival may/will effect a lot of players..when used in the wilderness. Survival and Factions are different for reasons, and a lot of us would appreciate Survival staying as is.

Many people have commented on contemplating quitting squishy because of huge changes we weren't expecting, we love the server and don't wish to leave, but it's not the way we need it to be or want it to be. To some yes, the huge changes may be exciting and cool and it may attract new players, but it may loose active dedicated players that are enjoying it now.

Coloured chat - I don't know if this is a thing that is definitely happening, but some people find it hard to read certain colours or large amounts of different colours.

Me personally, I love squishy how it is right now, except i knew certain things had to be fixed. I have spent almost every day over the past several months building and creating and making new friends that I never thought I would have. For some minecraft isn't just a game it's a way of coping with life on the outside, it is also fun. And to have something that means a lot to you change hugely can be upsetting or agrivating. Squishy has been a huge part of my life even if for the shortest amount of time...that may seem weird or sad, but it means a lot to me. I never connected with anyone truly on other servers but on here I have so many close friends, and if things change and people don't like it. I won't be able to continue playing with some friends if they choose to quit.

I've given a lot of time and money to squishy, I don't wish for that to be wasted. Though the money isn't hugely important, it's still something I have given to the server.

(sorry if this is a lot but i think I have said everything now)
    Thank you for listening

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    aa

Thank you for this Jesse! Could you please reply to my message in the pms? Or start a convo with me, I've been locked out of slack because my phone number changed! C:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,416
    I agree and disagree with a lot of your points.

Firstly, I agree with your points on the rank situation. I do understand why Jesse would need to make another rank- as it will generate more server revenue, however I will find it awkward how “Extreme” (which I dislike the name of, I personally would prefer “Supreme”) will be above the server’s namesake rank. As a longtime member this may be slightly biased, however.

I disagree with a factions server. When I used to moderate for Squishy (which was October 2017 to Jan. 2018) factions was slightly booming in popularity, however it did not reach Skyblock, which was the most popular gamemode at the time. When I was modding for Factions, the server felt dead and I usually averted my attention to Skyblock or Survival, as more rules likely were broken on that server. If Factions is added again, this could happen again and it would just be another server that could possibly be filled with rulebreakers as a dead server likely will be less moderated. I do think a separate arena should be added for Survival, instead of it all being PVP.

I agree with colored chat. When I used to be a mod, I loved chatcolor, and so did the other mods. To me chatcolor is something members should not have, as normal members having chatcolor can distract from messages from moderators. It also can be an eyesore after awhile.

While I do agree that people will be upset about the server resetting, SquishyCraft has been neglected and broken for months. I feel as if we need a new slate in order for players to actually come on. Our last reset was too buggy and there wasn’t enough to do. Hopefully this one will fix it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. QEIAION

QEIAION Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +117
    I agree completely and we share the same opinion in this regard Payton. I am going to miss the old charm and qualities that Squishycraft has. It does feel like Squishy is being used and turned into a cookie cutter server. It is a big disappointment for me to see Squishy come to this as well. It doesnt seem to be headed in the direction that anyone is happy with. My heart goes out to the community members, especially our donators & our loyal members who have been with Squishy for many years supporting it along the journey. I also feel that it is easy for new ownership to turn a blind eye to how the server players feel because they dont see it on a day to day basis how everything is effecting the server community & staff members. But in more ways then not it is negatively impacting people, pushing people to resign staff position, and/ or people to quit the server. Seems like Squishy is losing the heart and soul that brought its players to the server in the first place. I love Squishy & i love the feeling of having this family. I really hope the best for the server moving forward, but i do fear for a lot in this regard. Fingers crossed that everything will smooth over & hopefully our internal issues will continue to improve too rather then get ignored.

Change is a very difficult experience for anyone to endure. It will definitely be a struggle for the server to adapt & take on this new shape. I am going to do my best to stay positive though.

"hope for the best prepare for the worst & do what we can with what we have"

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. SophR

SophR Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I squealed so much when I saw this! Im a bit annoyed on the amount of countless hours of work that are being reset but I think there are so many good things to make up for it! So excited for the future squishy!

• Like Like x 1