SquishyCraft Revamp Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jesse, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Jesse

Jesse Manager Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +187
    Just wanted to reply to some of the criticisms here.

I understand your frustration, however at some point things will need to change. Our old servers were incredibly outdated and could not be used for active development, especially those before the last reset (which I also created behind the scenes). The friend system has not up or working for ages, Mods having colors other than Red would be too confusing. The tags which you mentioned are still on the server.

As long as people would like to re-live old times, it is not 2016 anymore and at some point people need to move on. The "unique" features which you mentioned do not shape Squishy, the community does. They are small additions that I can appreciate, but are often broken due to slow development or having to rely on public plugins for budgetting reasons (remember we are not a large player server, only a small community with a small budget).

The new servers share a lot of similarities compared to the setup we had yesterday. Behind the scenes lots has changed, but at the front-end you can spot the similarities. I hope this eases the pain at least a little bit.

Extreme isn't a pay to win rank (Squishy is not a server where you "win") - But was introduced to balance out new perks.

Factions is not going to be a popular server, SquishyCraft is not a PvP community. We thought we could incorporate it into Survival for the few players who do like to engage in PvP. We made a poll recently to vote if it should be disabled in the Wilderness. That poll is available here: https://www.strawpoll.me/17230093

Colored chat has been removed thanks to player's feedback.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 14, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 14, 2019 ---
    There should be :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. EchoedDoe

EchoedDoe Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Update from my half, so far it seems alright, I have bought the extreme rank, and a couple other things. Few issues with /rank commands and stuff here and there but slowly can see they are starting to work etc. And I know that it was only recently reset so there are bound to be issues here and there. So it's fine ^_^

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KawaiiStephxo

KawaiiStephxo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do i use my chat tags?

4. honeybear

honeybear Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I’ve been with squishy since late 2016 and I have been devoted tell the reset in 2018 when squishy went quite dry, I was just hoping to put my opinion

So I very much like the new ranks but I think the original kits and ranking system was much better as you get more for the price you were paying.

Along side that opinion before I don’t like having such a small area and what my island members found is one of the sides are to short for a 100x100.

Through out my time on squishy I have made good and toxic friends and I loved /friend command as it always brought me close to old friends some I still talk to today.

Like people have said before change can be good and bad and some of the new aspects can come in handy but I still like the original squishy that I grew to love over those 3 years of experience.

5. shelbs

shelbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Chat tags are not working at the moment, but they should be fixed soon :)