SquishyCraft: The Future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Thomas, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,132
    Hi all,

As you may have noticed we have been rather quiet recently - today’s post aims to hopefully clear up the reasoning behind this, as well as cover our general server plans for the foreseeable future.

For the past few months it’s no secret the server has been in somewhat of a ‘stale’ state - we’ve struggled to come up with new ideas or concepts that would entertain players & keep them playing on the network.

We’ve decided it’s time to put an end to this, which is why today I’m happy to announce a network wide reset! We will be branding this “SquishyCraft 2.0”.

SquishyCraft 2.0 is a complete revamp of the network, built from the ground up. All gamemodes will be reset and released at the same time later this month. Please note that anything purchased from our server store will be kept on these servers - this includes ranks, claim blocks, kits, etc.

The network will feature the following gamemodes:
    • Survival
    • Skyblock
    • Creative
    Each server will be packed with new features to explore - far too many to list in this post. Closer to the time I will be releasing design sheets for each server, which will go into these features into finer detail - be sure to keep an eye on the forums for this.

All servers will be reset using version 1.12.2. We plan to provide fortnightly content updates in order to reduce the chance of a gamemode going stale, and to increase the overall enjoyability of the server.

Seapeekay will be advertising regularly on the new server - we hope this will also help bring an influx of new players to the community.

This update is expected to release on the 28th of March, however due to the sheer size the date is not set in stone and may change. We will update this post if required.

We have also reopened our suggestions area of the forums - if there is anything you would like to see added to these new servers please make sure you submit a suggestion. I’ll be checking these semi-regularly and adding those which would provide value to the network.

We will be saying goodbye to OP Prison & Factions - while they have been on the server for quite some time they simply do not generate the traction and players we need to justify having them on the network. They may return at a later date, but it’s goodbye for now.

Those who have purchased ranks on these servers will be eligible for store credit of the same value - we will publish a post with further instruction at a later date.

I hope this post clears up any confusion you may have had recently, and as always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to leave a reply below so someone can answer.

Thanks,
    Thomas

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sharon

Sharon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +911
    Whoaaa, can't wait to see what it is going to be like

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Luukjah

Luukjah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Do we keep our ranks on all the servers being reset? Also I'm very happy about a reset but it's also kind of sad! I've also purchased Ultra and Overlord on Factions and Prisons so do I get my money back?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lucyyy

Lucyyy Active Member

Ratings:
    +115
    Can't wait to see this! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RealOriginality

RealOriginality Member

Ratings:
    +37
    its a little scary, yknow, everything's been the same since i joined a year ago. But i look forward to cool new features and some updates in skyblock!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Britzy1997

Britzy1997 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    In regards to the store credit thing, what if I bought my rank on sale?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,132
    I feel the same way. :)

You will receive a coupon for the price that was paid on the store (e.g. if you bought a $10 rank on sale for $5, you would receive a code for $5)

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,132
    You will keep your ranks, claim blocks, etc on the servers we are keeping.

For the servers being removed, you will receive a store voucher equivalent to the amount spent on these servers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Luukjah

Luukjah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Thanks for the help <3

• Like Like x 1
  10. Imjustconnor

Imjustconnor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8
    its gonna be sad to see it go, and all the hard work everyone has put into all of these amazing servers!!, on the bright side it gives people a nice fresh start and if your a skyblock person like me you have a easier way to /is top!!

This update gonna be good! :D
    my only question is if we can keep 1 item of if its a completely clean start

ty thomas i cant wait! (plz add guardian spawners) also i made that brownie myself :3

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Britzy1997

Britzy1997 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Everything will be lost, including inventories, chests, enderchests etc.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Imjustconnor

Ratings:
    +8
    i suddenly feel unmotivated to do work on my skyblock island knowning that its gonna be reset soon, o well

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Imjustconnor

Ratings:
    +8
    O
    rip then

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Minxi

Minxi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Hypeeeeee ❤️ thanks a lot Thomas

15. karra

karra Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +15,040
    hyped :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. xmisundersto0dx

xmisundersto0dx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i WISH us on skyblocks with higher ranks could keep whats in our /pv! :(

17. Gabko

Gabko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,508
    Looking forward to the new changes

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,319
    Thank you, Thomas. It’s been nearly 2 years as a member of this community and I’m excited to see the big changes that are occurring.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Kithii

Kithii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115
    well i just lost all motivation to even bother playing, like why even build at this point, and rip the spawner i just bought

• Like Like x 1
  20. Runnah

Runnah Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,523
    I feel keeping pvs would be unfair, as you already have the rank and kits that give donors a head start already

• Agree Agree x 7