SquishyCraft: The Future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Thomas, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jared72

Jared72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
  2. Miicheall

Miicheall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66
    He said that you'll be able to get it back through store credit.

3. Deli

Deli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    What if you bought more than one rank, on the same game mode? Does the store credit extend for all of the bought ranks and stuff?

4. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +519
    Let's go!:p

5. SnowyTwist

SnowyTwist Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure weather i'm excited or sad about this! If anything we'll hopefully all love the new squishy!

6. Miicheall

Ratings:
    +66
    If you bought currency it'll stay. If you made it in game it'll be reset

7. Miicheall

Ratings:
    +66
    it'll be cool if there was a command sort of how beanblockz did where you can go back and see your old survival world/.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Beya

Beya Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +931
  9. Miicheall

Ratings:
    +66
  10. Slash

Slash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Hype

• Like Like x 1
  11. officiallykelly

officiallykelly Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree in the sense that it's an unfair advantage, but it would also be unfair to those who paid for them. That would be a lot of money to have to refund and I doubt that they could.

12. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +519
    I'm sorry, what is a unfair advantage? Do you mean people who start with ranks after the reset? I don't follow?:)

13. officiallykelly

officiallykelly Member

Ratings:
    +3
    yes i meant to reply to someone who was saying they should be reset as well. they were talking about it all being a fresh start but i don't find it plausible

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +519

Ahh, Thank you for clearing up what you meant.

I believe it's as fresh of a start as possible. Had this been the upstart of a totally new server I would understand the opinion of everybody starting with the absolute same. However because it's not, and alot of people have saved up to buy these ranks over much time, taking them from people would not make sense, since they 'own' them, and payed for them. And the refund option isn't actually an option in that the money people use to buy these ranks keeps the server a float. It's not free to offer a server to people like this, and the people buying stuff of it actually helps keep it online for everybody to use. It's an important part of the way a server can exist.

When the server resets we will all have to start the same place. Ranks will be able to get kits, but there is a cooldown on these and you can only get the things in a kit every 24 hours. So they will not start with 'too much' atleast.
    I am actually really happy that squishycraft doesn't discriminate the way many server do, when they have 'rank' only areas or rules that doesn't ably to ranks. There is non of that here, and as someone who has played both as a 'normal/nonRank' player and as a rank player on here, I know both is very pleasant.

I hope the reset will be fun for us all, rank or no rank:) (And sorry for the long post)

• Like Like x 3
  15. sugameg

sugameg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +39
    I'm really excited for this! How long will the actual reset take and will there be a whitelist hour for ranked people after the reset because many other servers do that! Can't wait to see the new content added as well!

16. Runnah

Runnah Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,525
    Store credit applies to the servers that will be removed any ingame content you purchased from skyblock survival and creative will be returned to you, if you havent purchased for any of these servers you will not receive store credit

17. NetChemo

NetChemo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128
    Hai, so those of you who have stuff in creative that you wanna keep, you can save a toolbar with the stuff and move it to a singleplayer world. If you don't know how to save toolbars, just google it. I hope this helped some of you. Also, maybe before the reset date, all gamemodes could be changed to creative? So people can save stuff in toolbars?

18. officiallykelly

officiallykelly Member

Ratings:
    +3
    How long do we think the reset will take? I am so excited for a fresh start!

19. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +519
    Not sure about this. I'm not at all into what it takes to 'upgrade' a server. But I would think atleast a couple of hours and after we are let on, we can get kicked off a bit. Or atleast that's what I believe it was last time. But this time it's a bigger update I believe. So maybe it's nothing like last time. Your guess is as good as mine, at this moment;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,133
    Hi guys,

Bit of bad news unfortunately.

Late yesterday when turning on my PC I noticed there was a few issues with one of the drives - all was well until I tried to access the data, where nothing would work.

After checking the status I can see the drive had failed - after going through many attempts to recover the data, I have only managed to recover around 50%. This isn't enough data to reset on, and recreating the data lost will take much longer than the day we have left before the agreed reset date.

I am going to be (and have already started) working on recreating what was lost, however this isn't something which can be done in a matter of hours.

I've spoken with the Sr. Mod's about this and whether or not we should have a staggered release (the files we have recovered are that of the proxy, hub, and creative), or delay until the full thing is ready. We don't want to disappoint, so have opted for the delay. We will now be aiming to reset on Wednesday 28th March.

I can't apologise enough for the inconvenience - a lot of hard work went into this project which now needs to be delayed even further. We want it to be perfect before opening, and that's exactly what we're going for. There is now appropriate backup plans in place for desktop machines, meaning that this issue shouldn't (and won't) happen again.

I'm going to lock this thread temporarily (will reopen sometime shortly), just so anyone who reads the thread will see this as the last post. I have updated the date in the main post too.

• Like Like x 18