Suggestions for Skyblock - Oblivion

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by Kovate, May 12, 2018.

1. Kovate

Kovate Member

These are thoughts and suggestions, not demands. You can agree or disagree. Please leave your thoughts down below.

Hoppers - We have a 500x500 island max. 25 Hoppers are way too small as the limit and it limits our grinders, builds, and redstone build ideas. Please increase or make it unlimited to place hoppers on our islands.

Spawners - 10 Spawners is the current limit of spawners. I was hoping that the amount would increase to a reasonable amount so we have a lot of spawners but does not create lag.

Mod Commands (AFK Force Tp) - It has been a rule that when someone is afk, a mod messages them and waits 5 minutes, then force tp's to them just to make sure, then they kick them. However, this can be an issue in some cases. I have had mods tp to me and started roaming around my island. For an example, we are in the nether and a mod force tps to us. They can loot with us even though we found it, this has happened to me before. For an example, we build a special type of build or storage in the nether for fun. If the mods tps they can invade it and it is possible they can take some things. I'm not saying anyone will, however, it is possible. If the mods wait 5min and then kick us. I think that is fine. If we are afk on our grinders we get kicked. I just don't think it is necessary to force tp to someone just because they are being suspected for afk. And also, I honestly think that would be easier for the mods.

Nether (Above the Bedrock) - This has been an issue recently. Players can abuse to get above the bedrock in the nether or just randomly spawn there from their portals. If we are abusing anything above the bedrock, I think it should be a 6-month ban just like beanblockz (Another server that Thomas created). If we just happen to spawn there and we didn't abuse anything it should be a verbal warn or warn. If the players can't get rid of the portals to spawn below the bedrock, I'm sure Sr.Mods can resolve that.

Rules - I think that there should be another document explain the rules furthermore. I was warned 4times the past month. Unwarned 4 times the past month. I think this proves the point.

2. FaithyH

FaithyH Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Force tp is necessary not just for afk people but for people hacking, griefing, people stuck, etc.

As for nether portals spawning on top of the nether, the staff team is already aware.

And finally, if you have suggestions it would be more effective to put them in suggestions as they would be seen first.

Thank you though for your thoughts and suggestions!

3. Kovate

Kovate Member

I don't put a lot of things in suggestions because I want Thomas to focus on pvp/crates/tokens so we can have more fun and not get chatgame fixes XD

4. Minxi

Minxi Member

Minecraft account: Minxiii
    Idek why I spendt 2 minutes of my life reading this when I'm not even playing on skyblock

5. ThtBaymon

ThtBaymon Active Member

Hoppers & Spawners: Looks good on paper, but the increase in the maximum number of hoppers and spawners allowed will undoubtedly increase lag. Sure, raising the maximum number by 1 seems small, but when 5,000 players all have the maximum number of hopper/spawner, we are looking at the difference between the server having to deal with 100,000 hoppers or 105,000 hoppers (assuming that the current maximum number of hoppers allowed is 20 per island). Anyway, maybe there is a way to implement a system that would allow you to "donate" some money in exchange for an extra number of hopper/spawner allowed on that player's island. *cough* *cough* Just saying.

Force TP: Inconvenient, but necessary in other applications.

Nether "issue": It's not a bug! It's a feature, да!

Rules: Not sure if they will be changed. The current rules leave a lot of room for interpretation. But remember, the mods/sr.mods/admin/owner are the rules. Obey them. That was not a request. That was an order.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FaithyH

FaithyH Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Baymon it isn't a feature smh :c you aren't allowed to be in the nether top

7. Areccos

Areccos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft account: Areccos
    I do agree rules should be better explained but the force tping is needed by mods for several reasons and if you see someone abusing it in the ways you stated I’d suggest making a staff report. The rest I’m not sure about since I don’t know much about how the different things change the servers lag

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. jaake

jaake Member

Minecraft account: Insomniacs
    there should definitely not be a hopper limit nor a limit on spawners. the hopper limit does not reduce lag as hoppers do not increase lag; also, if the spawners do not increase lag, a limit does not make sense. nontheless, the ten spawner limit does make it better to be less op; despite spawners in the nether from other players.

• Like Like x 1
  9. linds

linds Well-Known Member

Minecraft account: flawful
    Maybe like a 5 (or other number such as 10) limit for each type of spawner

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jaake

jaake Member

Minecraft account: Insomniacs
    maybe a player should be allowed to only buy a certain number of spawners? one player alone could buy several spawners which increase profit; islands should have limits on the number of spawner types, not spawners. for example, maybe four iron golem spawners per island, 8 skeleton, etc. that would make it less op. besides, you can make a secret nether base anyways and put more spawners in them.