We need your ideas!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Thomas, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,139
    Hey everyone,

Seapeekay has been pushing the server on his channel a lot recently which has definitely been reflected in our player count - we hit 200 players a few days ago! Thanks for all the support so far.

With that being said, we're looking to cater to even more players by bringing out a new gamemode. We're a little stuck for ideas so we thought it'd be best to ask the community! If there is a gamemode you feel like the server would benefit from having, let us know! Make sure to include reasoning as to why it'd work on here too.

A few notes:
    • The majority of the community are not big PVPers, so those gamemodes would likely get little traction
    • Minigames aren't possible as we don't have enough players to fill games constantly
    • It doesn't have to be generic, we are open to creating a custom gamemode if the idea is good enough
    We look forward to hearing what you guys have to suggest! :)

Thanks,
    Thomas

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gabko

Gabko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,530
    If it could be possible maybe a modded survival? If not actual mods then maybe plugin kind of mods? That would be sweet!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Schizophrenicchameleon

Schizophrenicchameleon New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I think Seapeekay should do more build competitions but that does require him to free his time up, however maybe there can be admin run build competitions too and make them themed around festivals such as Diwali and Christmas. Be more inclusive of all faiths. Maybe do something small for pride month and black history month like build comps specifically surrounding pride and black history. Stuff like that. The week surrounding Valentine's Day could become love week where we have to show our love and appreciation for the other players regulated by quests maybe and the top five who do the most for other players win a prize. As an irl world we need to start loving each other and I know this is only a small server but it's a start to show everyone we love each other. If the Squishes can all get along super well despite differences that we have then so can the rest of the world! I feel that message is something Callum would support because he's such a loving guy!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Grimm

Grimm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,367
    Perhaps some sort of One Life recreation if possible? You have a certain number of respawns until you can no longer access that part of the server, and you can buy more respawns in the shop?

I feel like this probably isn't possible but hey it's an idea :p

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Katieee

Katieee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,303
    I feel like we should do that but possibly add people back to the server after 31 days? as there would literally be no one in that server because they are scared to die haha

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DarkenedSouls

DarkenedSouls New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    What about like something similar to build battle but not to simular and it could help people's imagination on squishycraft idk I'd this is a good idea but that's what I think

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    In my opinion I think the community would really like a Prison/Factions reset since both are pretty much dead, and lots of people do like Prison but they don't like Squishy's since they didn't get a fair start since it used to be another server. Also, maybe introduce another Skyblock server since skyblock is super popular, and a lot of people are complaining about lag and such. A gamemode idea could be Towny, though I don't see it being super popular. Also, I can see how a One Life would work but all staff members must be whitelisted at all times.

Edit: A modded survival might not get many players since people might not be able to download mods. Also, all moderators/staff members would have to have the mods in order to participate and moderate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Susana

Susana Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,369
    Towny or One Life sounds good. I think anyone will agree that any survival challenging type of thing is much wanted.

9. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,139
    We plan on doing build competitions so we're not including them within this :) but good suggestion!

10. JoejoeWins

JoejoeWins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Skywars ir minigames i believe would be really fun.

11. Katieee

Ratings:
    +2,303
    we need a parkour level spawn, I would be on there 14/7 lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Cade

Cade Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +6,031
    I think as Skyblock is our most popular gamemode: an OP Skyblock server would be cool. It could feature all the new blocks in 1.12, and allow people to do whatever they desire with their island with less limits. Maybe it could feature an end world as well to allow people to gain elytras and shulker boxes.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Runnah

Runnah Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,638
    In a server I played in long ago we had a build competiton called grabbag where there would be chest generated of items and they had to use what was given to them and a certain amount of space I think like a 30x30 plot and build what they could in 15 min rewards would be also randomly generated chest on a plot numbering from 1-30 and players could choose the chest they wanted. Staff were usually the judges and timekeeper. Thought it would be a fun idea to bring here

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SxssyTaffy

SxssyTaffy New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I Think you should start a One Life Game with some plugins, it would be really cool but instead of being banned from the server just be kicked off the game for half an hour or hour. i could even make a serise for it <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JoejoeWins

JoejoeWins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,416
    please do death swap minigame

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. WolfPawwz

WolfPawwz New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe a Skygrid, Towny, One Life, or some sort of powered gamemode where people can choose a certain power set and level it up and get new abilities using a plugin or something.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Katieee

Ratings:
    +2,303
    personally I think it should be 31 days, as there isn't much of a one life, I mean on average you don't even die every half an hour, I think it would make it more challenging and people will make safer more exciting home <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    If we did do a one life, I think that instead of getting banned the player is teleported to an area where they still can chat but they can't use any commands. This could solve the issue of staff being banned from the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. MoodyLizzie

MoodyLizzie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180
    I just recently heard of the Towny game mode and it seems really interesting. I would much rather begin the Towny journey on this server since I have already made many friends that I could work with.

Runnah's suggestion sounds really interesting as well!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Runnah

Runnah Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,638
    Towny i would love thats my favorite kind of server

• Like Like x 1